Never miss a meeting or coaching call and you'll be well on your way to a successful business.
January 28, Saturday - 10:00-3:00 – Regional Meeting - Blair Athol
February 21, Tuesday - 7:30-9:30 – Angela’s House
March 9-11 – CANDLE CAMP NSW/ACT
March 21, Wednesday - 7:30-9:30 – Wendy’s House
April 23, Monday - 7:30-9:30 – Regional and Unit Meeting – Wendy’s House*
May 22, Tuesday - 7:30-9:30 – Unit Meeting – Angela’s House
June 20, Wednesday - 7:30-9:30 – Unit Meeting – Wendy’s House
July 23, Monday – 7:30-9:30 – Regional and Unit Meeting – Angela’s House*
August 2-4 – CONFERENCE
August 22, Wednesday - 7:30-9:30 – Unit Meeting – Wendy’s House
September 25, Tuesday - 7:30-9:30 – Unit Meeting – Angela’s House
October 13, Saturday - 10:00-3:00 – Regional Meeting - Blair Athol
October 24, Wednesday - 7:30-9:30 – Unit Meeting – Wendy’s House
November 20, Tuesday - 7:30-9:30 – Unit Meeting – Angela’s House
* The webinar regionals can be attended via the web if you cannot make the meeting in person.
All of these dates are on Google Calendar http://rainbowsandcandles.blogspot.com.au/p/unit-meeting.html.
Location information is sent out in personal emails to active candle consultants. If you would like to attend a meeting, visit, or invite a guest, please contact wendy at wendy @ wendythecandlelady . com.
Monday, February 13, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Today, PartyLite launched online email invitations for our hosts. I have been using these for the past month and have the following hints and tips.
- Read the instructions before setting up your first host. This is a professional service and you need to know how it works before sending it out.
- When you get the booking, offer your new host the option of email and postcard invitations in addition to facebook and SMS.
- Explain clearly that the set-up is completely private; you will never have access to the email addresses she enters.
- Write a confirmation email to your new host and reiterate your two available options to assist her in inviting guests.
- Test the system once with a friend as the host so you can see what happens on the host side and explain it more clearly for other clients.
- Make the benefits all about THEM not you. DON'T say, "It's cool because I can see how many people you've invited." DO say, "It's cool because the emails are beautiful, you can see who has responded, and you can send out reminders automatically a few days before."
- Give your hosts incentives to use the online email invitations. For example, if they invite 25 people using e-invites let them know you'll buy them a box of tealights.
- Encourage them to use the online email invitations as just one of their invitation methods. Personally, I use email, facebook, SMS, and postcards for every show. Not necesarily for every person, but different people get different invites.