In other words, my social media activity is only a small part of my plan.
Many companies get social media wrong. What would you add to this list of hints and tips about how to manage your Facebook Business Page?
- Update it regularly - at least once a week, preferably daily
- Share hints and tips, specials, personal use stories, and client testimonials/pictures evenly.
- Create interaction with your clients by asking questions.
- Always respond to comments.
- Delete spam and negative content. (Unless you can resolve a constructive negative content issue; it may demonstrate that you give great customer service.)
- Link to appropriate articles, pictures, and information.
- Invite people on your personal website to like your page.
- Put a link to your page at the bottom of your emails.
- Send the link to your new clients and encourage them to join in the fun.
- Read what other businesses you like post and learn from them. They will give you good ideas of what to do and what not to do.
- Turn off Facebook for 23.5 hours a day. You don't need to be available all the time for your page to be effective.