The Socialite ~ 18 to 28 Years
- Self-focussed & ambitious, driven by friends, family & fun, internet savvy
- Key points they consider: Looks, Trends, Value for money
- What are they looking for in a career? They want to advance quickly, be in control, travel
The Independent Princess ~ 28 to 35 Years
- High earners, big spenders - spend 121% of their income, inner circle is paramount
- Key points they consider: 30% own digital cameras, 8% own 2 credit cards, feminine, like cutting edge technology and design
- What are they looking for in a career? They want to design and work their own hours, receive a good income, and have a flexible career.
Family First ~ 35 to 49 Years
- Married, has an average of two children, spends a lot of time stressing, has ‘super woman syndrome’, has a serious lack of time, is still trying to enjoy life
- Key points they consider: Is budget conscious, has little time for personal indulgences but still enjoys them, 62% of family first are on a diet, 50% of family first eat take-away twice a week
- What are they looking for in a career? Value for money, comfort and durable, something for herself, flexible hours, work from home, meet new people, and support from head office/management.
Young at Heart ~ 50+ Years
- Rejects old lady stereotypes, wants a full schedule
- Key points they consider: 2 times more likely to be involved in a charity, 14% have tried recreational drug, they need a reason to buy
- Reason for business involvement: easy pocket money, social, learn new skills, easy
Sponsoring & the Importance of Knowing What Women Want
Now that you know these categories, when you are planting sponsorship seeds or discussing the business opportunity 1:1, you can think about the different ways you should approach the Socialite, the Independent Princess, the Family First woman, or the Young at Heart.
For women, people are the most interesting and important element of any situation.
Research Source: Splash Consulting Group
Further Reading (really good article): http://www.splashgroup.com.au/Newsroom/Current_Coverage/the-spender-gender.html