Thursday, November 3, 2011

So You Want to be a Leader?

Sunbeams and Moonbeams

I'd like to take a minute to congratulate Sandra on becoming a Unit Leader this month and creating the Sunbeams. I'd also like to congratulate Nicole on her ever-strengthening unit, the Moonbeams. Together we will one day form the Nirvana region and I'm super excited to help the next group of aspiring Rainbows to join us in leadership.

What does it take?

When you become a Unit Leader in PartyLite, you learn how to develop the business as a business. Your personal sales remains very important and should represent at least 75 percent of your time. It does for me. I enjoy doing shows, meeting people, and providing excellent customer service.

The other 25 percent of my work time is spent doing leadership things. It is my job to help the team succeed. Here are three key areas I focus on:
  • New Consultants - Training new consultants is critical to their success. We have between 3 and 10 new consultants in the Rainbows every month and I really enjoy meeting each one of them and getting their business started. I consider it a 100 day commitment for them and me to get them off to a great start. (Here are my articles on New Consultant Training.)
  • Aspiring Leaders - giving aspiring leaders individual coaching and group training is something I've prioritised this year and will continue to do. (Here are a few articles I've written on Leadership.)
  • Corporate Training - PartyLite and my upline offer great support and training for all leaders. I take advantage of all training and planning meetings because all of them help me grow my business. It's not a big time commitment and it takes the pressure off me to do it all myself.

You DO Have Time

Meeting regularly with the leaders in our Region helps all of us balance our workloads. There's no need for us to do it all ourselves. Our smaller group of Angela, me, Nicole, Ana, Holly, and now Sandra, is a dynamic leadership team with heaps of ideas and experience. With Eliana and Janelle helping us upskill we also have heaps of corporate support.

Even as leaders, we are still in business for ourselves, but not by ourselves.

Non-Rainbows

Your leader has the same goals and objectives that I do. Talk to your upline about your goals and work with her or him to make it happen. Our business is entering its 10th year in Australia and we need to work together to get the word out! Let's make PartyLite a common brand name with uncommon, platinum-level attributes. We are all leaders, actually, because we have the best products and service levels in the world. All we have to do is make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment