- I can meet with people during the day without "taking time off of work." People like the kitchen remodeling man who came by this morning to do a final measure. Alan had to take a hour off work; I just had to get out of bed. :)
- I take every single holiday I want to. My friends and I want to go camping, so we've scheduled it for April 20-22. I didn't have to ask anyone for Monday and Tuesday off, I just took 'em. Oh, and I'm going to Thailand, Italy, and possibly to the US of A. Not asking anyone - just doing it.
- I work out when the sun's out. I walk the bay, or around Chiswick, or I go to Curves. But I don't get up in the dark to do it "before work." And I don't have to leave work in a rush at 5:00 to get home, workout, and then cook dinner. Nope. I just eat brekky and then go for a walk. Nice.
- I shop during the week. There is nothing better than doing your grocery shopping while everyone else is at work. Seriously, this is awesome. I also don't have to wonder about the mail or the bank being open, because I can get there whenever I want.
- I sing in 3 bands, go to weddings, parties, dinners, and Swans games, see lots of live music, and generally try to live every day exactly the way I want to. Candles, music and wine. I throw a little marketing in the mix and I'm a happy chappy. :)
Do I work hard? Well, I do make my phone calls and I do place my orders quickly, and I do mail out packs almost every day. I don't deliver often, but this week I have one delivery to make. I think about you guys and I try to give you the support you need without being intrusive. Truth is that I like all of you, so that part of my job is easy. In fact, it's all easy. I don't think I work hard at all, but I do work.
Here is the article that started my thinking about all of this: From Solo to Employed. I sure do love my job. Hope you do, too! WLC.