Monday, August 4, 2008

Conference 2008

A Message About Conference
By Judi McIlwrath
(WLC: I couldn't have said this any better.)

Having never been on a plane to anywhere in my whole life, the thought of flying terrified me, and waiting for my flight on Wednesday afternoon, I must admit I seriously considered running and not getting on that plane. I am SO glad I did! Not only did I get to conquer my fear of flying (Thank God, otherwise how could I get to Hawaii for the incentive trip next year!!!) but I got to experience conference, most of it anyway, and it was Amazing.

I guess that’s what happens when you have the pleasure of knowing some truly inspirational women, as I do.

I got up there a day early as I was leaving a day early to get home for my bubba’s 1st birthday. I knew I had embarked on a pretty special journey when I already felt inspired to start putting together this blog piece in my head, before bed on Wednesday night (ok, let’s be honest, early hours of Thursday morning) and conference hadn’t even begun yet! I guess that’s what happens when you have the pleasure of knowing some truly inspirational women, as I do. Little did I know I was about to meet so many more, as I did. If I was asked to sum up the experience in one word, I couldn’t, and not just because it’s me and I am seriously incapable of summing Anything up in one word, but because no mere one word seems anywhere near adequate to describe the life changing experience conference gave me.

It made me realize there is no mold, or a particular "type" that makes a PartyLite consultant, or leader, or RVP for that matter. It’s open to anyone from any walk of life. It made me realize success can be mine if I want it, and not only that but, yes, I even deserve it. It made me realize that FREEBIES ROCK!!! Because it seriously felt like Christmas, I don’t think I’ll be able to hear the song "Summer Holiday" and not expect to be handed free goodies for quite some time. I foresee a little disappointment in my future, but at least I know it’ll only last until conference next year! It made me realize there is no elaborate plot or plan required to succeed in my business, just simple steps duplicated consistently. Also that it’s ok to stuff up, I can’t fail if when sh*t hits the fan it’s ok to pick back up and start again, not to mention incredibly easy to do so.

I also came to the realization that I have an incredible amount of support, and that if I need help I just have to ask. I think it was really summed up for me when on Thursday night at the meet & greet ‘P’ Party, after watching one of the most awesome fireworks displays I’ve seen outside of Sydney Harbours’ New Year’s or Olympics displays, I was moved to tears. Tears of joy and pride as I felt so proud to be a part of something so amazing that is the PartyLite family. I can’t imagine the tissues I’d have needed had I been able to stay for the Gala dinner evening. Aside from the overwhelming emotional side to it that I experienced, there was also fantastic training which has given me tools to make my business successful.

I would so highly recommend conference to anybody joining PartyLite, I certainly plan to never miss one in the future. At dinner on Friday night Angela asked me what I would be taking home from conference, what had I gained from the experience? I couldn’t answer her at the time, but I have my answer now and it is this:

  • Reinvigorated enthusiasm for My business
  • PASSION, PRIDE and the drive to succeed - And last but certainly not least
  • The courage to Dream BIG (plus the tools & support to achieve them)

What more could a girl ask for out of one (almost) weekend? Thank you, Wendy, for telling me I didn’t want to miss this... I certainly didn’t! Thank you, PartyLite, for offering all of us the best opportunity in the world! Thank you, Me, for having the guts to get on that plane!

Jude

[WLC: Here is a link to some pictures.]

No comments:

Post a Comment