Tuesday, February 17, 2009

WLC Q&A

Hello! I'm so happy that people are sending me questions. Why answer them in an email when I can share the answers here.... Here goes:

Q: How many products do you actually talk about?

A: I bring 10, but I talk about more – I use the catalogue to show off items I haven’t brought. Here's a link to a picture of what I'm bringing to a show this month.

Q: How long is your total presentation?

A: I always try to finish in less than an hour. I have a completely interactive style. I ask each person to introduce themselves, say how they know the host, and to tell me about the last time they burned a candle. I then provide some information that relates to their candle story. Then I ask them to read out their card and hand it to me. I cover the contents of the card and then go to the next person. When I get to the end, I’m done.

Q: What percentage of time do you allow for introduction - range - promoting Hostess Showings etc.

A: Here is a good summary of my show structure:

  • 30 minutes to arrive, set-up and talk to the host before guests arrive
  • 15 minutes to greet guests as they arrive
  • 45 minutes for my “show” – I don’t stand, I sit with everyone
  • Pass out door prize slips, pens, and scent pots, Extinguish candles, and set up ordering area
  • 45 minutes to take orders and payments and chat with guests (I also take bookings and set up opportunity meetings)
  • 15 minutes to pack up
  • 15 minutes to get host order
  • Leave with a smile on my face and a promise to email the host the order summary the next day so she knows what everyone gets when the boxes arrive (confirm delivery location for order).
  • When I get home (or at most the next day) it takes me about 20-30 minutes to put in an order - I put in all of the guest information.
My way isn't the right way. My way is my way. Find what feels comfortable for you and provide platinum customer service and you can't go wrong. Everyone should go watch someone else do a show. If they are more seasoned than you, you will probably learn something. If they are new, you will probably learn something. Keep learning and stay fresh.

When the shows are fun, people want to come back or have a show themselves. So no matter what you do - keep it fun. Go get 'em! WLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment