Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3 - Cancellation and Phone Inertia

This morning I got the call... my host only had two people coming and didn't want to waste my time or hers. I chatted with her for a few minutes and offered to come anyway, to have a more casual chat with her and her guests, buy she decided to just not go ahead. She felt pretty bad cancelling at the last minute.

You want to know what I did?

I invited her to come to the product launch. She brightened. She is going to check with a friend of hers (another great client of mine) and see if they can come together. It made me feel good and I hope it helped make her feel better.
Be empathetic to what it feels like to invite people over and have them all be too busy to come. 
Postponements and cancellations mean that I have an afternoon available to Make That Call. 
Inertia: the tendency of an object at rest to remain at rest, or an object in motion to remain in motion.
Phone Inertia: the tendency for Wendy to not make any client phone calls, or for Wendy to get on a roll and make lots of client calls.
Phone Inertia makes it hard to start. But Phone Inertia also makes it hard to stop once I get going. I'm going to make 5 calls right now....

...Wow! Inertia. I made more than 5 calls, I made 8. I now have three confirmed VIPs coming with me to the Crowne Plaza on February 1 (wish I had more tickets). I left a few messages. I've prepared a pack for one client who wants to exchange a product, but doesn't have a catalogue. I've also decided that I will host my first ever Saturday home show this month. I'll do it as an open house on the 23rd.

OK - I'll fully admit that it was hard to start. I even though about getting up from the desk and getting a coffee first, but realised that I was just procrastinating. Once I got started, I just kept going. What made me stop? Well, I need to get ready for a gig this afternoon. So I'm off to get ready for that.

Hope you're having a great weekend. WLC.

P.S. FYI - Including writing this, that was a total of 1 hour work on a Sunday.

Wendy Lloyd Curley - PartyLite Senior Unit Leader
www.rainbowsandcandles.com
Check out my other blog: www.profitablepartyplan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment